The New Liberals
Economically conservative, socially progressive
“To be free is not merely to cast off one’s chains, but to live in a way that respects and enhances the freedom of others.”
The New Liberals are different from other parties. We are not politicians. Most members of The New Liberals would never have entered politics, unless they were driven to do so, by the yawning nothingness offered by the other parties.
The New Liberals have a vision for Australia, a long-term vision which will see this century become the Australian century. The New Liberals look beyond the next election and the election after that to the middle of the twenty-first century when we will be able to say:
- Australia has led the way in climate change initiatives and climate science. And that was because of the vision of The New Liberals.
- This country has become the global model for freedom, and respect for the individual, where citizen, immigrant and refugee stand proudly side by side to build a strong, cohesive society. It was The New Liberals who achieved this.
- The nation of Australia has established itself as a dominant economic force, where corporations pay their fair share of tax; individuals, groups and companies are rewarded for their initiatives; government supports innovation, has solved water shortages, and has built its population to a nation of net exporters. All this was put in place by the New Liberals.
- Using its economic growth, the great south land has become a great place of security, that is due to The New Liberals realistic Australia-based defence policy.
- The New Liberals have made Australian education the envy of the world, and its delivery of health services a system to be emulated.
- The New Liberals have made the country they govern a living testament to justice and the rule of law, where all have access to that law, where delays have been eliminated, and waste of resources is unknown.
- The New Liberals were able to do all this, because they always stood up for what was right, whatever the consequences.
The New Liberals cared for Australia, not for their own narrow political futures. They saw how this could be the Australian century. They grasped that possibility with both hands, and didn’t let go until all Australians could stand proud, knowing they had had a part in the great Australian adventure.